Preparations are underway for the annual Kangaroo Valley Craft Beer and BBQ Festival. Scheduled to run the weekend of 16th and 17th, November in the fabulous beer garden of Kangaroo Valley's Friendly Inn. See why it is set to be the best weekend BBQ of the year.
The #KVBBQ is a ticket only, cashless and family friendly event. Where people can simply choose to purchase a general entry pass and enjoy all the festivities or, for the more adventurous there are a vast range of opportunities to participate. All ticketing will be on the OZTIX portal. See the link below.
There will be a WHOPPING $12,500 in cash and prizes on offer.
Along with The Friendly Inn Publican, Peter Thompson, Barbeque's Galore has confirmed their official sponsorship. There are many more to follow.
The following events will be run over both days at varying hours between 10am and 6pm.
- A fully sanctioned leg of the Australasian Barbeque Alliance competition. You can compete as a team or you can become a judge. There will be 40 judges and an unlimited number of teams.
- A Steak Cookoff Association of America International Event. You can compete as a team or you can become a judge. There will be 40 judges and an unlimited number of teams.
- The KVBBQ Festival is running a sausage eating competition called 'Sausage Fest'. A locally sponsored, paid entry event, where contestants race to gobble up as many gourmet sausages within a time limit.
- Pig Days Out. A 6-race Charity Piglet Racing Calcutta. Once again the very poplar Noah's Farm Thoroughbred Pig Racing will be on the scene. The race day is held to support both the Kangaroo Valley Pre-School and Public School.
- Unfortunately, due to food safety regulations the contestants are unable to sell to the general public. There will however, be a great range of professional BBQ Smokers and Caterers on hand to feed the hungry masses on both days.
- A Craft Beer Expo where you can sample craft beers and ciders from many of the local, national and international Craft Breweries.
- Market stalls offering locally made arts and crafts.
- Helicopter rides.
- Kids activities including face painting, jumping castle and playground.
- BBQ and Craft Beer demonstrations stages.
In 2018 this festival was bigger than the famous Kangaroo Valley Show! So to ensure the event is properly planned and sufficient amenities are supplied, all tickets will be available from Oztix. Also, there will be no cash needed to make purchases as all vendors will have mobile Tap-and-Go terminals.
ATM services are available in the hotel for those who need cash to enter the Pig Day Out Calcutta as this is a charity event to support the schools.
So are you excited? Grab your mates and get on board, this is gonna be one of this summer's biggest weekends for the Shoalhaven, if not the Country.