The Best Little Beer & BBQ Festival in Australia is Hugo-a-Go-Go!
The Kangaroo Valley Craft Beer & BBQ Festival is going ahead on the weekend of September 11th and 12th.
September 11 & 12, 2021 is the weekend to hit the Valley.
At its heart our festival is about BBQ and we continue to have our two competition rounds occurring:
ABA (Australasian Barbeque Alliance) and SCA (Steak Cookoff Association)
These are now branded as KVBBQ - ABA "King of the Valley" and KVBBQ - SCA "Lord of the Grill"
Our entertainment festivities, food and beverage offerings and everything else we're doing just keeps growing!!!
Piglet racing - LOCKED IN...
Lawnmower races - LOCKED IN...
Craft beer breweries - queuing up...
BBQ food kitchens and vendors - same!!!
Live music line-up is almost finalised and is looking great!!!
Our festival Artists, buskers and kids activities coordinators are planning hard to keep you smiling.
Helicopter joy flights over the most beautiful valley in Australia are conducting ple-flight checks...
Our NEW BBQ lifestyle Expo is on this year, with loads of exhibitors and trade stalls for you to check out!!!
The Valley is calling... Will YOU answer the call??????
Wash your hands, drink your cans and see you safe in September.
ABA Mission & Founders
For a full transcript of the ABA's Mission Statement go here.
The Australasian Barbecue Alliance is Australia’s foremost society promoting and developing traditional barbecue & smoking culture, sanctioning official ABA competitions nationwide.
The ABA has three co-founders: Jay Beaumont, Jess Pryles and Adam Roberts, who is also ABA General Manager. Their team is supported by Michael Rose in Product Review. These guys are literally the vanguard driving the booming sport of Low and Slow BBQ in both Australia and New Zealand. Their knowledge and passion for the humble Aussie barbie cannot be over-stated.
Their mission outlines six pillars defining oversight of the ABA and the NZBA (New Zealand Barbeque Alliance).
- Competition Rules
- Judge Competitions
- Attend All Sanctioned Events
For a full transcript of the ABA NZBA rules please refer to the official rules page here.
Summary of 2019 Barbeques Galore Australian Barbecue Championship Series.
The 2019 Australian Grand Championship was taken out by Victoria's Butchers Axe BBQ. Congratulations!!!
2020/2021 Barbeques Galore Leaderboard
Last Updated from 17/3/2021 Smokin the Downs - Oakey Qld.
|1||290.33||Primal Iron BBQ|
|2||282.97||Country Boys BBQ|
|3||271.87||Rollin Smoke BBQ|
|4||269.24||Bluebird BBQ Crew|
|5||255.80||Aussie Pit Boys|
|7||251.13||Smokey Days BBQ|
|8||243.74||Smooth N SmOakey Salad Dodgers|
|9||243.29||Double Barrel BBQ|
|10||240.44||Smoked Beyond Smoked|
2021 Events Schedule
There are now events scheduled for:
- 10-11 April - Meet @ the Dilly
- 01-02 May - Bundy BBQ Battle
- 15 May - Armidale Beer & BBQ Festival
- 29-30 May - Just Smokin' @ the Inn
- 12-14 June - Smoke in Broke
- 19 June - Townsville BBQ Battle
- 03-04 July - Hunter Events Bar & BBQ
- 23-25 July - Fireside Cook-Off
- 14-15 August - Hunter Valley Beer & BBQ
- 21-22 August - Meatstock Sydney
- 21 August - Mackay Beer & BBQ Festival
- 11-12 September - KVBBQ'21 Kangaroo Valley Craft Beer & BBQ Festival
- 18-19 September - The Dam Hotel - Central Coast NSW
- 23 October - Meatstock Melbourne
- 13-14 November - Natural Wood Co Invitational
- 27 November - Black Angus Invitational - Armidale NSW
- It's early days within competition ranks at the moment but who knows where we'll be by September. Bookmark this page to stay updated.
- Within the first weekend of opening out teams entry window we saw 15 teams sign up! At this rate we might break all entry records!
- Are you excited yet? Don't muck around go get those tickets before they're all gone....